Help with a Federal Agency Form

If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Residents of the 8th Congressional District of New York can contact me for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondenceā€”such as:

  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. Ā§ 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.

Authorization Form

Asterisks (*) indicate information that you need to provide.

In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, I give Congressman Hakeem Jeffries authority to act on my behalf.

Contact Information
Prefix * First Name * Last Name *
* Address:
* City:
Zip: *
* Phone Number:
* Email:
Case Information
* Agency Involved:
* Agency Case Number(s): (if none, indicate "None")
* Nature of Problem